He has trained diverse people – Indians, Kenyans, Filipinos, Canadians, Egyptians, Italian, British & Australians – thereby making him more adept about fitness aspects related to different lifestyles and staple diets. From age 6-60, people from any ethnicity and profession have benefitted from his expertise. Here is an interview with your skillful and charming trainer…
Imran: Yes, “Consistent” 20-min of exercise is definitely much better than not working out at all. Any and every bout of physical activity/exercise contributes to a fitter, healthier – and, very likely, happier – you!
However, as a general goal, aim for at least 30-min of moderate physical activity in a day. These short, sweaty and hugely effective workouts called H.I.I.T are NO joke. Here are some benefits…
1. Faster results: Short bursts of effective, smart cardio gets the blood pumping, the heart racing and the muscles working quickly and effectively.
2. Burns more calories: The burn out of calories is far more effective in such quick sessions; where you improve your cardiovascular endurance coupled with a good diet than a long walk/run/jog.
3. Time management: These workouts are far easier for us to schedule in and manage within
our busy schedules meaning we are far more likely to wake up and do the workout to receive the desired benefits. Just 20 minutes does not seem like a chore, therefore, keeps us looking forward to our workouts rather than dreading them.
Personal trainers work with you one-on-one to help design an exercise regimen, help you with correct form, posture correction and ensure you are working all your muscle groups safely. The accountability to meeting your trainer can help you stay on track and meet your goals. Personal trainers are of prime importance for beginners, who need help getting started as well as for more seasoned exercisers who want to push themselves further.
With a cardio only approach; your joints are more likely to go through a lot of wear and tear, and begin to suffer a breakdown. You end up losing a lot more muscle. With the loss of muscle tissue comes the risk of weight gain through less energy being used by the body (slower metabolism), unless strength training is included into the overall program. You may also not lose fat – past a certain point; once the body becomes familiar with the intensity. There is a greater possibility of bones and posture becoming compromised; without resistance/strength training in the presence of a fitness coach/trainer. Strength training is highly recommended for increasing bone density and strong tendons and ligaments.
A personal trainer can help you set realistic and attainable goals based on your personal experiences and abilities, aiding you in your progress along the way. Maybe guiding or preparing someone for a marathon he/she wants to run in the future or perhaps participate in a bodybuilding competition!
– Have a healthy mind & body
– Lose weight/fat
– Gain muscle
– Set up a new lifestyle
Women can lose belly fat by including aerobic exercises, cutting off on carbohydrates-based food, making a high protein breakfast routine, drinking plenty of water and reducing salt intake.
1. Walk at least 5k steps to begin with followed by 10k on a daily basis.
2. Revamp your diet plan.
3. Schedule workouts in your diary. When appointments, meetings, or tasks are on your calendar, you know they are going to get done. And you will probably show up on time, be fully prepared, and never skip.
4. Do at least 5 bodyweight exercises; a minimum 10-12 repetitions x 3 sets thrice a week; ending the month with 12 sessions minimum.
5. Enroll for a workout/physical activity of your choice; could be yoga, stretching exercises, spinning classes in the gym, body pump/attack sessions in the gym close by, Zumba sessions or even a jog/walk in the park prior to sleeping.
6. Try holding planks; beginning with 20 seconds, 30 seconds, leading up to 45 seconds & then a minute long.
The great thing about these goals is that they are all relatively simple and attainable. As you accomplish each and cross it off your list, you will feel as if you are achieving something positive. And as you set new goals, you will have the confidence of knowing that you can tackle anything.
Leave A Comment