An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac in a woman’s ovary. An ovary is a part of a woman’s reproductive system. In fact, you find 2 of them in her lower abdomen on both sides of her uterus. Most women may never notice they have ovarian cyst since it resolves itself without posing any danger or pain. With the complex nature of the female body, it is vital to know how to get rid of an ovarian cyst.
An ovarian cyst can occur due to various factors but the most notable reason is the functional menstrual cycle. Every month a woman’s ovary develops a cyst-like structure in the follicles. The follicles keep growing. Did you know that the function of your ovary and follicles are directly associated with your hormones? The follicle releases an egg together with the hormones progesterone and estrogen. Nevertheless, just keep reading and you’ll discover what causes an ovarian cyst. You can accurately predict the source of your ovarian cyst.
- First things first, what is causing your ovarian cyst? If a woman’s hormonal function interruption occurs, the follicle may refuse to rupture the egg and release it. It keeps swelling and eventually turning into a cyst.
- The opening through which the egg escapes, can seal off causing fluid buildup inside the follicle. The cyst may grow up to 4 inches in size but can disappear weeks later.
- Women in the reproductive age can develop a follicular cyst. Another name for follicular cysts is a benign ovarian cyst. Fluid fills pockets of tissues in or on the ovary. The follicular cyst can be harmless because they shrink after 2-3 menstrual cycles.
- Hormonal imbalances due to stress, poor exercising, or faulty diet can cause ovarian cyst. But that’s not all, an imbalanced gut, and poor indigestion can perpetuate an increased inflammation of the woman’s body leading to the growth of the ovarian cyst.
- An enlarged cyst bleeds on its own causing a woman’s ovary to coil moving away from its original position. This action cuts its blood supply. At this point, a woman begins to feel pelvic pain. It may be necessary to look for an ovarian cyst pain relief. When an enlarged cyst ruptures, it causes sudden and sharp pain. If left untreated, the tissue around the ovary dies.
How to get rid of an ovarian cyst
You are probably wondering what would happen if you leave the ovarian cysts untreated. Bear with me because I am going to show you how to get rid of an ovarian cyst. When a cyst forms, your body is trying to communicate things are not well.
- A doctor can prescribe over-the-counter ovarian cyst pain relief medication.
- Make dietary changes to deal with indigestion and faulty diet
- Exercise regularly
- Regularly go for gynecological exams
- Seek medical attention if you suspect you have an ovarian cyst.
- You may need surgery to get rid of cysts.
- If you have cysts and you want to get pregnant, your doctor will prescribe for you other medications help your situation.
Doctors can prescribe hormonal pills though they don’t heal the cysts but prevent the occurrence of new ones.
Leave A Comment