No More Bad Hair Days!!!!
We all have days when our crowning glory is misbehaving and just not sitting right. And if you are anything like me, you would know how difficult it is to get curly and frizzy hair to behave during humid summers. For that matter, my hair rarely behaves! But when you have a lunch date with your friends or have a party to go to; a bad hair day can just make matters worse isn’t it? What does it matter what you wear if your hair just refuses to listen to you. Doesn’t that get you all cranky, hyper and downright panicky? And those days when you have to get to work in like 15 minutes and you just can’t get your hair right; what’s that all about!
How can you disguise a bad hair day?
I get you girls! A bad hair day means we’re basically having a bad day. We all know how important our tresses are and how important they are to our entire ensemble. It is just difficult to get through a day like this when your tresses refuse to behave and it just manages to put us in ‘the’ mood. Admit it, you can’t just call in sick or cancel your date every time your hair starts acting funny.
Sad situation, but we girls need a solution and fast! Now there are two ways to get your hair to listen to you. Well, the first one is simply by using certain products. There are times when you cannot avoid it and it’ll just have to do! And then there are ways and hacks which you can try without using any beauty product whatsoever. I have your attention now, don’t I?
With the help of products –
- Dry Shampoo – When your hair is being extremely difficult the only option is probably dry shampoo. This is the best quick fix for your hair. The only thing that you need to take care of is that you get the right kind of shampoo for your hair. For those of you with fine or flat hair this shampoo is your go to – Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Dry Shampoo. The Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-powder also gives your hair the volume and texture that you are looking for. For my curly hair sisterhood, Caviar Dry Shampoo works well.
- If you have a little bit more time you can use the iron to flat out those tips (for wavy or curly hair) and finish it off with a grooming crème like . Apparently, for very curly hair a little dab of castor oil helps to smooth the hair down. Try Shea Moisture for this and you will be surprised with the results.
- And then sometimes you’ll have to end up using some pomade/gel, hair spray and your trusty styler.
- These days you have the wet look very much in vogue. We have seen Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Khloe, Zendaya, Selena Gomez, Heidi Klum, Deepika Padukone and so many other important names rock his look. Best part is that the same style can be made to look casual, formal or like a party girl. Bad hair days are probably the best time you can try this out. You will need to use a whopping amount of hair gel. Apply it to your roots and brush it out. Then use some glossing spray, voila! As much as you may not like it, at times your hair is not being friendly, some force is required.
Without the help of products – If you are against using any products or probably just don’t have the time then try out these wonderful but easy hacks. You’ll thank me!
- Messy Bun – For you messy and curly hair gals, a messy bun would look great. All you need to do is tease it a bit more and set it into a bun. It looks messy and yet it can go with formal or casual wear. So a messy chignon it is!
- Ponytail – For straight or fine hair gals, the easiest and fastest would be to go for a really high and tight ponytail. Maybe use a fancy hair squeezy to match your outfit. The classic ponytail can always come to your rescue anywhere, anytime.
- Different braids – If your hair is all greasy and oily, you don’t have the time to wash it out; then the best would be to tie it up in braids. Now, depends on you what you can manage. But I suggest you learn a few simple braid styles. You never know when you might need it. A simple braid which can be pinned around your crown looks extremely classy and chic. All you need is some pins.
For me personally I love French Braids. Nothing looks more sophisticated and looks good for all age groups. I have used my daughters for practice and now have gotten pretty good at it. You could even try out Fish Braids or try something Bohemian – you know tiny braids all over and leave it messy. However, this look would probably go well only with casual outfits. Another casual look for long hair gals would be a loose braid resting on one side.
- Parting – Most of us are used to taking a parting on a particular side. On bad hair days, you can try changing the parting. That smooths the hair down and also gives you more volume. It’s probably the simplest way to get your hair to behave and look different.
- Short Hair – For those with short hair the best way to go about it is to get out the hair band preferably the elastic kind. That will take care of the strays and keep your hair neat.
Ladies, when you have a bad hair day, it doesn’t necessarily have to put you off. As you can see there are various ways that you can adopt and get your hair to listen to you. In our busy schedules we tend to always put up our hair in the easiest way possible and usually do not try anything new. So think of your bad hair days as an opportunity to try out something new. Also you can always take out your head scarf, bandanas, pretty hats or caps depending on your outfit. So let’s say ‘No’ to bad hair days!